The objectives of the HDA include:
- Empower the community groups through microfinance development through saving and loaning.
- Enhance tape and develop the volunteerism spirit by deploying both local and international volunteers to community projects.
- To enhance productive livelihood and well-being for people living with HIV/AIDS and their families.
- To build and create awareness on malaria, TB and other infectious diseases in societies.
- Support of Orphans and Vulnerable children, street children and open an orphanage for their care and rehabilitation.
- To establish a community resource centre aimed at facilitating learning for orphans, vulnerable children, and street kids, as well as serving as a source of practical community and career development information to local community members and CBO-affiliated groups.
- To engage community group members in an effort to mobilize and enhance income-generating activities and thus improve the communal asset base.
- To assist community groups in initiating enterprises that will increase economic productivity, and lead to poverty-reduction and wealth creation.
- To involve ourselves in the social empowerment of youths (orphans, street children) through community events such as capacity-building, youth trainings, and social activities which bring our youths and communities together.
- To develop eco-tourism and environmental management activities in the region as a source of revenue for people in the villages.
- Build reading programmes with schools designed to build and improve children’s’ reading skills and writing skills
- Reduce and establish resilience programs to reduce effects of recurrent programs
- To Improve basic health service for all societies and those in remote and hard reaching areas.
- To sensitize, educate and empower students to develop home grown, practical, creative and innovative solutions to growing socio-economic & environmental challenges.
- To introduce the practical aspects, rigors, challenges and opportunities of recycling. III. To help develop a deeper understanding of the symbiotic relationship between humans and their environment.
- To introduce climate change, waste management, sustainable building materials, green building technology and link to business / commercial activity.
- To educate all students on greener lifestyles, including sustainable building / house practices.
- Use of voluntary service from both local and international volunteers and donors.
- Capacity building of community-based groups, women groups, youth groups, and people with disability groups.
- Linkages and collaboration with various stakeholders, Civil Society Organizations, NGO and government departments.
- House hold-centered approaches that link OVC services with HIV-affected families and strengthening community structures which protect and promote healthy child development such as churches, child area advisory councils/ committees.
- Social support including vocational training, income generating activities, social & legal protection and prevention services including positive behavior counseling.
We stand for the following core values:
- Justice and Commitment to service.